Caraway Seed Essential Oil- Carum carvi
Caraway seeds are used in cooking and baking. This Caraway Seed essential oil is sourced from France. It is steam distilled from the crushed seeds. This essential oil is a middle note in blends well with other spice based essential oils. It also blends well with many floral based oils and all the citrus oils.
Caraway Seed essential oil has many health benefits. Here are some of them:
- Helps with digestion- It is said to help increase the secretion of gastric juices, as well as calming excess gas. It has been said it can also help to heal gastric ulcers.
- Antispasmodic- Helps to calm muscle spasms when mixed with a carrier oil and massaged into the area of muscle spasms. It is also said that it can help calm and relieve the spasms of hiccups.
- Helps with cardiac health- Caraway seed essential oil is said to help strengthen the heart muscle, help prevent hardening of blood vessels, lower blood pressure, and lower cholesterol levels. All of these benefits your cardiac health.
- Works as an antihistamine- It can help counteract the histamine release for those with allergies, helping to relieve allergy symptoms.
- Diuretic- The oil also has diuretic properties which help to flush toxins from the body and help with retained fluids.
- Antimicrobial- Caraway Seed essential oil has potent germ-fighting properties which make it great for use to prevent wound infection and as a household cleaner.
- Helps relieve stress- This essential oil has warming and stress-relieving properties which can help you when you are feeling stressed or overwhelmed.
May cause skin sensitization if oxidized.
Please take a moment to read the safety guidelines for using essential oils.
*Disclaimer- Please see our disclaimer page. No part of the description of the essential oils is meant to imply any medical diagnosis or treatment may be achieved by using them. Only a licensed physician can diagnose and treat. You assume all risk for your use or misuse of any essential oils.