Copaiba Essential Oil- Copaifera langsdorfii
More than 2x the pain-relieving compounds at 1/4 the price.
Copaiba resin has been used for centuries by inhabitants of the Amazon rainforest for pain relief, to treat wounds, and other medicinal purposes.
Copaiba essential oil contains a high concentration of BCP (appoximately60%). What is BCP and why is this important? Let’s compare the BCP contained in Copaiba essential oil with CBD oil.
BCP vs. CBD
- The terpene present in CBD oil is cannabidiol. The terpene present in Copaiba oil is beta-caryophyllene.
- CBD oil made from hemp contains 2-4% cannabidiol and CBD oil made from marijuana has up to 30% cannabidiol.
- Copaiba essential oil contains 60% of the terpene beta-caryophyllene.
- CB1 receptors are located in the nervous system, connective tissues, gonads, glands, and organs. These receptors are what THC in marijuana binds to that creates the psychoactive effects. CB2 receptors reside mostly in the other body structures and the immune system. Both CBD and the beta-caryophyllene found in Copaiba oil bind with CB2 receptors. However, CBD oil binds indirectly with these receptors while beta-caryophyllene binds directly with CB2 receptors.
- CBD oil helps neurological issues, pain, and more by indirectly interacting with CB2 receptors in the body. BCP interacts directly with CB2 receptors and helps to improve immunity, reduce inflammation, and relieve certain types of pain.
- CBD oil has 2-30% terpenes. Copaiba essential oil has 60% terpenes.
- Cost comparison- CBD oil costs approximately $50 for a 1oz bottle. (The mg of cannabinoids vary). Copaiba essential oil costs $23 for a 1oz bottle. For $67 you can buy a 4oz bottle of Copaiba essential oil, and Copaiba essential has at least 2x the active terpenes. Since most CBD oil made in the US is made from hemp, Copaiba essential oil has many times the terpenes of CBD oil.
Copaiba essential oil is one of the very few essential oils that can be taken by mouth. I personally use 5 drops in a small glass of water daily and have had no ill effects. You may want to do the research, and if it’s right for you, it can be safely done.
This 100% natural therapeutic grade oil is steam distilled from the resin of the Copaiba tree from Brazil.
Copaiba essential oil has numerous therapeutic properties and has been used for the skin as an astringent, to treat acne, and to fade scars. It has been used to relieve congestion when used in aromatherapy.
In addition, this amazing essential oil has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties when mixed with a carrier oil such as sweet almond oil or fractionated coconut oil and massaged into aching joints.
It also has antibacterial and antifungal properties which make it great for preventing infections in minor wounds, as well as treating Athlete’s Foot and nail fungal infections.
No known hazards or contraindications.
Please take a moment to read the safety guidelines for using essential oils.
*Disclaimer- Please see our disclaimer page. No part of the description of the essential oils is meant to imply any medical diagnosis or treatment may be achieved by using them. Only a licensed physician can diagnose and treat. You assume all risk for your use or misuse of any essential oils.